Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer 2011 Reading List

The Love Letter Cathleen Schine 7/10



This book had a captivating start, slow middle, and a suspenseful last chapters. I was forcing myself to get through the book but I couldn't tear myself away from finding out what happens in the end. I loved all the charm each character had, how Helen had thought behind her actions thus allowing me to understand her motives, and the youth of Johnny. Emily was sweet, though not a huge character, and Lilian and Elenor (her mother and Grandmother) was dull and irrelevant till the last chapters. I recommended this book because you learn a few things about curiosities of love without age, and love of poetry.

The wording and grammar style bothered me till I got immuned to it in the middle. I admit, I skipped a few pages and just skimmed it because it was totally irrelevant.

The love and passion between Johnny and Helen was so raw and pure. He was completely engulfed in her and as much as Helen tried to deny it, she fell deep for him. The aggression, the passion, and the vulgarity was pretty intense. Overall, I'm glad I read it, and I will probably ponder it for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment