Friday, June 11, 2010

Bookends and other books

Today I finished Bookends by Jane Green.


Its about a group of friends, as told by the narrator, Cath. Her and her amazing gay friend Simon, who goes by Si, go through love and sickness together, as Si gets diagnosed, and Cath tries to find true love. An old friend comes back to shake things up in their lives. Cath and her dear old friend's wife, who she grows closer to, take it upon their dream to open a book/cafe called "Bookends".
I loved how this book took place in London. I don't know why, but I learn more about this place I wish to visit someday. I also enjoyed how it expanded my imagination on leaving a job for pursuing a dream. I would highly recommend you all to read this novel, it took me about a week only because I was stuck in the middle of my exams lol. [Which I failed my stupid unrequired math class.]

So thanks to this book, I've read 1/15 books for this summer. Of course if I reach 15 before the deadline, I'll extend the goal. Duh.

Next on my list to read is Sundays at Tiffany by James Patterson.

I'm absolutely excited to read this because of its elegance and mystery. Its love and fantasy. Its about a lonely girl who has an imaginary friend, Michael, who accompanies her when she's gone. He's handsome, funny, and perfect. When she grows up a little, he leaves her, just as ours left us around the time of our preteens. And then, she meets him, the real Michael, years and years later. Just as handsome. Just as funny. Just as perfect. He doesn't even know why they've been reunited. Its a irresistable twisted love story about crossing boundries of love :)

After that, I'm planning to read either "Falling In Love with Natassia" by Anna Monardo, or "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger. Which should I read next?

Reading makes me feel like I'm on cloud nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment