Friday, June 10, 2011

Pre Graduation

I graduate in about 14 hours.

Tommorow shall be a little hectic. Nour is suppose to arrive at 10:30am, then around 1pm I would like us all to leave for the Raleigh Convention Center, and we walk at 3pm, Nour leaves by 5, and my fam goes out to dinner. :)

I had this original plan to have Nour over at 9ish, go to my whole graduation, dinner after, then go back to her house to sleep over and attend her graduation that night.

But she decided to pick up another shift.

So now the plan is for her to be here at 10:30am, get to the center around 1pm, and she leaves early around 5 to get to work at 5:30. No sleepover. I get to her house around 4, her full grad starts at 6, leave around 8 or 9.

The original plan seemed so sweet and prefect way for best friends to end their graduations together but mistakenly I forgot, graduation is not Nours thing.

I've been feeling so unenthusiastic about graduation because of 1) I'm not into my highschool since I transferred midway, 2) I am the first to graduate k-12 then university right after in my family in the States, and 3) I'm not expecting anything big. Most kids get cars or new smart phones. I bet a gift card or that party in two weeks will be my present. My aunt is supposed to get me a laptop but I think she can't now that she's marrying David and has to cut things tight with her weren't budget.

Therefore, as big as I would like my graduation to be, it might not.

So after talking on the phone to 4 people this is what I learned:

Nour: graduation shouldn't be all that big of a deal. You're done with school, that feeling came and left on your last day of school. This is redundant.

Alex: Recollect memories and you'll realize how much you've grown and experienced thereby making graduation a little bit more heartfelt.

Ibrahim: I need to say screw it to graduation and hook up with him before he leaves. He likes my lips and boobs > my personality and mind. I'm glad I don't have to see him for forty days.

Ahmed: Crazy guy who lives far far away and surprisingly remembers my graduation was tomorrow. How sweet!

I think I'll leave the rest of my emotions to flow in their way..

No comments:

Post a Comment